Made it home to SPFLD/Yellow Springs, but we quickly headed off to Michigan to Megan's family cottage on Lake Michigan where Megan spent her childhood summers. I'd been there before, but I've been dreaming about going there with Megan, so my wish came true.
| Off leash and flying around the beach, happier than ever |
The first two photos have Sally in them because we are both sad to say goodbye to her. She will be in good hands with her grandparents (on her paternal side), but I'm a little worried she will be so spoiled that she will turn into a sausage and not want to come home with us in December.

The week at the cottage did a lot for our outlook and peace of mind. We'd been running around like chickens without heads for far too long. Suddenly, I'm building a puzzle for christsake! If that isn't evidence enough for a change in mode, see my feet in the water as the sun sets.
Then we were back on the road and onto Cincinnati. Got to see Leigh and Kim, my parents, and Mike, Emily, and their 3 kids (my nephews and niece). Mike and Emily took us out to a Mexican fusion restaurant called Nada and then to two bars in downtown Cincinnati. It was nice see the Ol' River City in a new light.
![]() |
| My mom and my one true niece, Jo-Jo |
![]() |
| Riding the Dog |
And then we hopped on a Greyhound headed to Chicago to stay with Matt and Jen. This was an important moment in the pre-Peru process: we are finally down to just what we are taking with us, no car to keep stuff in, now it's just a few bags.
Awaiting us Saturday night in Chicago was Matt's beer share. 28 of the best beers I've ever had.




No comments:
Post a Comment